Sunday, April 25, 2010

New Delay

First of all, thank you to the 3 people who sent me comments about the ludicracy of paying an invoice before the materials are delivered and before the work is done.

Unfortunately, I have to pay for the frames before they are delivered - as Latitude Homes orders them from Carter Holts so they have to pay them to make them.

My husband told Latitude Homes that their business should have the funds to pay Carter Holts for the material and then we should pay Latitude Homes upon delivery. Steves response was "but you may go under". My husbands response was "We've been pre-approved by BNZ so we're covered - What if Latitude Homes goes under?"

At least charge us a deposit - not the full amount in advance!

However, call me stupid but to avoid any further delays last Thursday I paid the full amount for the Excavation work to Latitude Homes. I am not happy about this as I know how Tradesmen work, and paying a Tradesman beforehand means that he can start work at his leisure and may not do the work to our satisfaction.

And as I suspected, they did not turn up last Friday as planned, and have moved their new starting date to this Tuesday 27th April.

This time They'd better be there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment